Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

The Gothic Romance Chapter of RWA

I'm a member of Romance Writers of America, The Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators, and E.P.I.C., and have found a great deal of support for my writing and help over the years from those organizations and their sub-chapters.  For several years, I was secretary of the Outreach International Chapter of Romance Writers and a judge for both the R.I.T.A.s and the Golden Heart contests.

I also belong to several sub-chapters of RWA including my local chapter, Orange County Chapter of Romance Writers, and a number of online chapters.  The one closest to my heart, since I am the president of the chapter, is the Gothic Romance Writers (GothRom) Chapter.

It has always been a small chapter, We are at different stages in our careers, but we have a common interest: reading, writing, and talking about Gothic novels.

Right now, though, this chapter is in a bit of a bind.  Membership has fallen over the past several years and the chapter is in danger of disbanding.  I would hate to see this happen!  Gothic fiction readers with recognize some of our membership:  Jane Toombs, Elizabeth Peters, Dawn Thompson, and founding member Karen McCullough.  We are in the process of revamping our website to make it friendlier and more useful and hope you get more interesting discussions going via our group loop, twitter, and blog feeds.

But we need a few more members to rejoin or new members to sign up. If you're already a member of Romance Writers of America (the sole criteria for membership), please consider joining or rejoining Gothic Writers and help us get this chapter on firm footing again.  Join here:  http://www.gothrom.net/onlineapp.html.


No comments: