Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Whisper upon the Water #Sunday Snips & Stuff #5/15/16

Welcome to this week's Sunday Snips & Stuff!

For those of you who follow my blog posts here at my personal Weblog, you may not be aware that I also post every Thursday at "Dishin' It Out" and monthly at "A Slice of Orange" (RWA's Orange Country Chapter), "Gems of the Attic" (authors of the Precious Gem Romance line) and at BWL Insider (my publisher's blog feature their authors).

Of course you all remember when I was interviewed by my "cyber crush" , and my crazy hair-raising interview by "Miss Lucy"!

This month I have been topics have featured Cowboys and the West--and, of course, Rodeo.

Today I am selecting a snippet for my YA Native American sweet historical romance, "Whisper upon the Water".

1868
The Governor of New Mexico, decreed that all Indian children over six be educated in the ways of the white man.

Indian Commissioner Thomas Morgan said:  It was cheaper to educate the Indians than to kill them.

1880, Apacheria, Season of Ripened Berries

Isolated bands of colored clay on white limestone remained where the sagebrush was stripped from Mother Earth by sudden storms and surface waters.  Desolate.  Bleak.  A land made of barren rocks and twisted paths that reached out into the silence.

A world of hunger and hardship.  This is my world.  I am Tanayia. I was born thirteen winters ago.  My people and I call ourselves "Nde" this means "The People".  The white men call us Apache.


For my buy links free reads and trailers

Connie


Visit my talented author friends to see what snippet has been posted for you!


http://yesterrdayrevisitedhere.blogspot.com/

http://mizging.blogspot.com/

http://triciamg.blogspot.com/











No comments: