Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Snippets by Connie Vines #SundaySnippets #SundaySnips

Welcome to this week's Sunday Snippets!


Today I thought I'd fill everyone is on some of the happenings in southern Californian.  As a former resident of Orange County (I now resided in the Inland Empire, a thirty minutes from OC).  I'd thought I'd fill you in on one of our most-coveted vacation spots.

Now, I am not a annual pass owner, nor do I visit the park yearly.  However, I did celebrate my birthday this past summer at the park with family members.

The scoop:

It's time to say goodbye to several Disneyland attractions to make room for the new 14-acre "Star Wars" land at the Anaheim theme park.

Starting Monday (tomorrow), Disneyland is closing multiple attractions and eateries - some temporarily and others permanently- during construction for the much-anticipated new land.
Star Wars at Disneyland: Some Classics to Close (for a Time)

Visitors will be able to enjoy one last weekend of Frontierland's Big Thunder Ranch before construction gets underway at the park. Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree will all close permanently, according to the Disney blog.

For more info visit http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Disneyland-to-Close-Several-Attractions-to-Make-Room-for-Star-Wars-Land-364752051.html#ixzz3wqqM7nUe


Construction will also impact classic attractions along the Rivers of America. The Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia, Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and Fantasmic! will all be shut down temporarily.

The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations, will also suspend operations for an unknown period of time.

Disneyland Installs Metal Detectors, Bans Costumes

Groundbreaking for the "Star Wars"-themed land is expected to begin this year, and represents the largest single-land expansion ever, according to the theme park.

"These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance," Iger said in a press release.

Disneyland debuted new and improved "Star Wars" experiences at the Anaheim park on Nov. 16, including the "Star Wars" Launch bay, which offers parkgoers an opportunity to visit favorite "Star Wars" characters.



Jokingly called "Mickey's Wheel of Death"


Yes, it was very crowded the second day of my vacation.


For those who have loved the 'classic' Disney I am certain it will be as if another part of Walt's creation has been pushed aside.  For me I enjoy the Star Wars 1st move of the late 70's, but I am not a die-hard fan.  I prefer the Star Trek (more personalized) take on space travel.

I hope you have enjoyed this week's Snippet.

Please hop on over to the next blog spots and see what my wonderfully talented author friends are blogging about !

Happy Reading!

Connie



No comments: